Monday, September 7, 2009

THE UKELELE PROJECT

I just realized that The Ukelele Project can also be called TUP... =D okay.......................

The Ukelele Project is basically me modifying that horribly....what's that word? Well it's just ugly. That ugly red colored ukelele. Red's fine, don't get me wrong, it's just that the paint on this thing is just messed up. =S

So anyway, I'm gonna do a few things to modify the ukelele. I'll go into detail in my next post with pictures. =D

1. Sand the fugly, yes fugly, color off and add a new special wooden coat/piece/thing on the body and then repaint it so that there'll be the natural wood swirly whirly pattern! =D

2. Change the tuning heads and the pegs and all of that. Yeah 'cause the tuning heads are totally screwed up. The strings can't stay in tune for even 15 seconds.

3. Add finishing touches. (Namely, carefully hand painting the frets, repainting or maybe add some designs to the fretboard, design the body art around the reverberation hole, paint on cream colored linings on the body.) You just gotta love those cream colored lines! xD

Phase 1 will be handed over to my mom and her office dudes to do the wood work stuff. =P And Phase 2 will be installed by yours truly. I wanna install them myself. I'm a do-it-yourself kinda freak sometimes. =P And Phase 3 will be done myself as well with some help from mom perhaps.

I'll be posting some photos throughout the process of the modifications so yeah. =D Don't think anyone will be reading it but, it's all good. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment