Today's rehearsal..... was definitely not a day to remember. =/ It's a very long story and series of unfortunate happenings but yeah our performance could have been a lot better.
It's amazing how small mistakes can add up to a huge malfunction =/
Two of our band members, Steffi and Loke Hsin were busy with their violin and piano exams. So they couldn't make it. And so Ronald was gonna sub Steffi at bass for our opening song while I play lead. But then we discovered that Ronald's cable wasn't there so his bass guitar was out of the picture =S Alex and I were shocked but hey, it could have happened to anyone. We made a very important decision not to play that song live. The vocalist couldn't make it today either. It was HORRIBLE! =/ So we used the audio file from the laptop.
And then even more blunders.. =/ There were some miscommunications and lots of mistakes. The script got changed in a short notice to fit the 10 minute duration given. All in all, it was a very bad performance =/ The bad music and PA left the dancers and actors very disorientated on stage. Everyone was blur. I even missed my dancing part because I was too busy setting up my keyboard for the next song, I had to sub Loke Hsin at the keyboard. X(
There were some technical problems with the PA too. The staff in charge didn't even show up. So the prefects in charge of the programs were having some trouble with the mics. We had to go on with our performance without mics. Seriously I could write a "A Day I Would Like To Forget" essay man.. But I hope we don't get cancelled. We all worked so hard for this and if we were to be cancelled, everyone would be devastated.
Oh and p.s. I cut my right hand nails really short so now I can't play finger style properly. =( I need a thumb pick. =_=" Like NOW!!! Or tomorrow when I go to Damai =P
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


i'm sooooo sorry!!
ReplyDeletei promise will show up on friday
and by that time,
let's rock it all! =)
"Go go power rangers~!!!!"
xp
It's alright Loke Hsin. =) No worries.
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah let's rock em dead! Not sure what's going on with the poewr rangers though =_="