Friday, June 26, 2009

Asturias!!! =D

Whoa.. Okay I promised I'd blog more but then in comes a barrage of activities and priorities and POOF!! There goes that free blogging time. =) But hey, here I am, finally free and in a mood for blogging. I had a nice day today =D

School was okay, good news: We made the cut for the Teachers' Day performance next Saturday morning!! Bad news: Choir finals are on the same date at night and my class isn't ready yet. There's not much cooperation going on man. =/

And oh yeah, we had our first volleyball competition match today. And I was supposed to play as a substitute due to my knee injury and I'm not a good volleyball player. =) But to my h,orror, pleasure and surprise, Captain Larson had tuition so he couldn't make it, and the rest of the subs were nowhere to be seen! Except Keith, I heard he was sick at home. Get well soon Keith! =)

So I ended up as the only sub for the team today. Oh and I beat Alex at 3 straight games of snooker today! xD (Random but yeah, you had better days Alex.) (He's a good player, better than me. =D) And then... More surprise! They wouldn't let Max, Welton and Siung on the first team at the same time, so I had to stand in for Max, with an injured knee.

But hallelujah man, we won the match in straight sets. But the opponents, S1 Ai played well. And when I shook their hands at the end of the game and said "Good Game", I meant it. =D Good job S2 Ren. Or RENdezvous! =P Our slack keeps us on track yeah?

I went to math tuition straight after that in my volleyball jersey, (Jordan's actually, mine was in the wrong size, too big for me. =P) Got home, showered, and then had dinner. And now here I am, blogging and holding my guitar on my lap. I'm taking a break from practicing this really intense classical spanish piece called..... Asturias (Leyenda) by Isaac Albeniz. Here's John Williams playing like it was Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. =P



I'm still trying to get the sound just right. =) Some of the people out there might say that this song's kinda out of my league, and I agree, it's gonna take some time for the whole song. But there's something in the song that's got me so into it. That respect for the dude who wrote it 123 years ago, the beautiful story that plays in my head when I listen to it. I can't put it in words man, I just HAD to give it a go. =) And I think I'm making good progress.

And I think that's it for tonight. I'll try to blog again soon. =)

1 comment: