Last night, my guitar instructor just gave me my first recording session!! =D So that means that next month, I'll be recording two songs at Roger Wang's studio! How awesome is that, man? Woots!
So I've chosen the two songs already. One will be an old song, one I've been playing for a long time now. Cherry Blossom Time by Kotaro Oshio..
And my second song will be a real toughie. It's a fingerstyle guitar song called Since We Met by Tommy Emmanuel. Considering that I've only moved into fingerstyle a week or two ago, this is gonna take some hard work. But I'll definitely do my best, it would really be a joy to record this song.
Since We Met is a really beautiful song. I started out as a classical guitarist because I thought classical music is full of feeling and expression. But then when I found fingerstyle earlier this year by watching Roger Wang, Malaysian guitar maestro, I was determined to move towards becoming a finger picker like him. =D Since We Met, to me, is a song I can really feel, and that's really important in playing music in my opinion. If you don't feel your music, you're just plucking strings or whamming on the piano really.
So here's Since We Met, played by the master himself, Tommy Emmanuel. =)
Anyway, I'm both excited and nervous about the recording session. I've been waiting for this. And I'm gonna try my very best for it. Besides, I don't want my first professionally recorded songs to be crappy. =D By professional I meant the nice people who will be recording for me, not me. xD Just making it clear. Haha.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment